Over a foot of snow. The “Blizzard of 09”.
When our income tax refund comes in, I usually take a bit of it and buy something for the house. Curtains, a chair, cookware; there’s always something that we could use that seems like a reasonable splurge.
…happy to report that the clothes are ALL folded….and put away…and the females are diligently cleaning their room…and the boys’ room is clean (more or less)…and the last load of laundry awaits…and all the piles of paper have been sorted…and filed…
A couple things I have discovered this morning:
- Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza looks great, smells great, tastes great. But it’s an internal nightmare.
- A nap at 5:30 PM doesn’t indicate a normal bedtime later that evening.
- If I don’t have to get up (like to get the kids on the bus, be somewhere, do something), then, frankly, I’d rather not.
- I have much to do. The thought of structuring my Saturday around what I need to do, rather than the kids’ obligations, is somewhat pleasing to me.
- If I don’t clean my bathroom soon, I might have to report myself to the Health Department.
- Candy Salyer would be so disappointed in me if she was in my bathroom. (Seriously, that’s who I thought of this morning when I looked around and realized that I could not let this slide one more day. It’s not my mom I worry about anymore; it’s Candy Salyer. Go figure.)
- Regardless of what time you atually get out of bed, coffee is a necessity.
- The thought of singing a Jimmy Webb tune to close the church service tomorrow is EXTREMELY pleasing to me. I need to practice.